Behold, the mighty icicle. If this could be stuck into some sort of lightsabre holster, it would have been, trust me.
Stories of the Reynolds Family and our funny, flawed quest for goodness.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Heat Wave!!
Everyone in Virginia is writing/talking/blogging/whining about the historic blizzard, so even though I'm going to do exactly the same thing, I thought at least I'd mix up the title. The snow made its entrance Friday night and our power made its exit early Saturday morning. I don't know where it went, but it must have liked it there, because it didn't come back for almost a week. Though we are new in the area, a wonderful family invited us into their home to wait out the storm. We brought our Wii as an offering and tried to cook and clean as much as possible. They were extraordinarily gracious and we did teach them Rook, so we figure it all evens out. Lucy even celebrated her 3rd birthday there!
The sledding was awesome. Isaac went with the Palmers to a big hill nearby and Daman built this huge ram in their front yard that will probably be there until June at this wintery rate.

Behold, the mighty icicle. If this could be stuck into some sort of lightsabre holster, it would have been, trust me.
Our hotel/new best friends. We actually discovered that Daman and Tige are cousins through the Bateman side. Tige said that he felt really close to his Grandma Bateman while we were staying with them, like she was smiling down on us, happy that two more Bateman's found each other. That made him really happy. . . was that before or after Emma ate your daughter's piano sheet music??
Behold, the mighty icicle. If this could be stuck into some sort of lightsabre holster, it would have been, trust me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It is such a small world. That's great news. Here's hoping your book gets published somewhere; you have a nice way with words that makes for an interesting read. I enjoy catching up; too bad I'm stuck back in the Primary room away from everyone else.
Thank goodness for gracious neighbors. Glad to hear you made it through the storm and power outage.
I'm sure the sleeping in was a nice change of pace for you...now it's back to EMS!
can't wait to see daman and emma. Wish you could all come. have fun in the snow! totally jealous.
Post a Comment