Monday, February 1, 2010

And Then He Was Six. .

Poor Isaac's birthday was a little overshadowed by Daman's ER trip and continuing headache troubles. But, we still managed a birthday surprise sign, he scored some transformers and to the delight of us all--picked cereal as his birthday breakfast. This boy loves him some cereal!
We did make Isaac's biggest birthday dream come true: Lunch at Burger King. Isaac had never been and was convinced that he could only truly be happy if he experienced the joy that is a Kid's Meal. So, I slapped on my Make-A-Wish hat and granted his little boy fantasy. I also had the first burger I've eaten in at least a year and regretted it immediately. Too bad BK doesn't do Boca burgers. Isaac played in the playplace, got chocolate milk and a spiderman toy. . and we all lived happily ever after.

We scattered Isaac's birthday over several days. The party is still to come actually. Wednesdays we have breakfast for dinner and it is a highlight of Isaac's week. So, when asked what he wanted for a belated birthday dinner, the answer was waffles. Since it is round and has sugar in it, I think it counts as a cake, so we lit it and sang. Happy birthday Isaac! I can't believe how big Isaac is. We just got his "report card" today for Kindergarten and he is reading at the end of first grade level. I wish he wanted to read farm books and classic literature, but for now he leans strongly towards anything Pokemon. Isaac is a ball of energy and imagination. He runs and sings and dances and jumps and is full of questions (and an eagerness to disagree with your answers.) He dotes on Emma and loves to play tag with Lucy. He has such a tender heart that is easily wounded, but quick to forgive--for which I am very grateful. I really treasure any time I get to spend one on one with Isaac. He is just a cool kid and I really enjoy our conversation. I can't believe he is six years old--it all slips by so fast. I wish I could remember for all of my children. . . more than once a year on their birthdays.

1 comment:

alexandra said...

Happy Birthday, Isaac! Your mom says a lot of good things about you - all true!

And Morgen, I too feel sick whenever I eat at Burger King, which ends up being once every year or two as well. Hope your gut is on the mend!