Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy Times

In the last few weeks the Reynolds family has dealt with lice, three kids throwing up almost simultaneously, a new calling as an EARLY morning seminary teacher, a car breakdown, unexpected monster student loan bills, and a day in the ER full of cat scans, x-rays, and a spinal tap for Daman. His inexplicable headaches persist without explanation or relief, but we are hopeful that we'll figure it out soon. But, before that there were happier times. . . times when we were in North Carolina and Grandma Lulu lined up a family photo shoot and we got to all pretend we were superstars in matching colors and snuggies. Let's take a moment and return to that time. . .
Grandma Lulu and her grandbrood

SNUGGIES!!
Grandma Lulu had a vision. This vision involved all her offspring and their families swathed in fleece--but what if they need to use a remote or eat something? How will their arms stay both warm and useful? Answer: Snuggies en masse. Snuggies should totally pay us for this segment of the photo shoot. We all had a great time with these. . . not enough room at the butchershop for all the hamming that happened in these get-ups.

Crazy cousins. Really, I just adore Isaac's face in this picture. It kind of reminds me of Luke's face when he founds out who Darth Vader really is.
Oh wait, how did our engagement picture sneak in?? Kidding. . I look so much better than I did seven years ago.
Quick quick look--my three kids are all really close to each other and noone is screaming or hitting!! So glad this moment was caught on film.
Lucy's modeling career might be cut short. Her endurance needs work. Luckily she can totally sell that pouting look.
The photographer was cool enough to take a shot of Isaac in his "Pokemon" hat. I love this picture, even though it makes my sweet little boy look far too much like a teenager in the making. Wasn't he just born??
It was a happy day. And there are happy days in the midst of crazy life right now. We trust the Lord, we love each other, and even with lice and spinal taps, we are grateful for the life God has given us. Amen.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh...that snuggie picture is priceless! I'm pretty sure you're the only family that has ever taken a family picture in snuggies. I love it. Is your little Emma hiding in Daddy's snuggie?

I'm sorry about all the downs that seems to be happening. Medical mysteries are so frustrating. I'm impressed by the outlook you're always able to maintain.

How are you surviving in this SNOW?!? Thank goodness we don't have any where to go.

Deanne said...

What great pictures! I love the first one of your family. What a great idea to wear coordinating hats and scarves. You guys look great!

Lara said...

I love the pictures! I hope life gets a little calmer for you soon. Enjoy the snow!

Erin said...

You should sell that Snuggie picture to the company for advertising. It's fantastic. Love it. Hope you're able to cash in your chits soon for some good times ahead.

Sunshine Promises said...

Oh hon - I had NO IDEA!!! Bless your heart. When it rains it pours, eh? We need to chat soon. Until then, you are in my prayers.

alexandra said...

Yeah, those pics are great. Hang in there. Things are bound to get better!

Jean said...

Oh Morgen...I had no idea so much is going on in your family! We will pray with your family for answers and easier times...hopefully the kids and Daman will all be better soon!! We love you! Keep us posted! I loved all the cute pictures...I cannot believe how big Isaac is..it does seem just like yesterday when he was born..time is going way too fast!!