Thursday, June 14, 2012

Gearing Up for School!

You are so grown up! In just a few months you will be starting kindergarten! I can't believe it. You go back and forth between thrilled and terrified. I know you are going to love it and be wonderful. I pray every day for a teacher that will love you, see your potential, and tenderly help you grow and learn. Vass-Lakeview Daycare was a great place for you in that they were doting, loving, and kind. But, they did very little to help you in reading, writing, etc. You are on the cusp of reading and I think with a few consistent reading lessons this summer you will be reading on your own before Kindergarten. You write really well and are very bright and articulate. And oh, the love you give the world Lucy. You are such a bright spot. When you feel happy, everything is right and exciting and wonderful. If you get too tired or hungry. . then things quickly go quite the opposite. But, you love so so much. You kiss and hug and cuddle. You pray every day that Daddy's headaches will go away for the rest of his life and never come back. Then you pray for anyone else in the world that has headaches, that they will go away and never come back. You just love so much. You have a wonderful friend in Eden Young, our backyard neighbors. You two are hilarious to watch. We got you walkie-talkies and you just love being able to chat together. She doesn't have any brothers or sisters and her parents said you were a God-send. They are wonderful neighbors, kind, faithful, and fun. You and Eden are best friends. You love playing My Little Ponies together, and have swapped ponies under the backyard fence. You also love to play with Eden's microphone and you two sing "Jesus" songs together. You also once broke into, "I'm sexy and I know it." That's another thing about that daycare--they listen to the radio too much!!! 
Overall Lucy, you are just such a delight. Last night you and I got to go to a ballroom dance show with Grandma Lulu and Lindsey. It was awesome! You were enraptured with the dancing gowns. I have so much fun talking to you. Our neighbor Dawn said the same thing--she just loves talking to you because you are so enthusiastic about everything. That is a fantastic trait and I hope it sticks around. We love you Lucy!!

No comments: