So sorry that this has been so long in coming. It has been a crazy couple of months! We have been living down with Grandma for the last two months. The adjustment has been a real struggle, but you kids have all done great. We've gone to the pool almost every day and you are one adorable waterbug!! You love to swim and we found this awesome life jacket sort of thing that works perfectly. You just kick and bob and have a wonderful time.
You crack me up every day Emma. You give the best hugs and kisses in the world. You've caught the tickling bug from Lucy and love to have your arms and legs tickled. Right now you love the song "Part of that World" from The Little Mermaid and we sing it together almost every night. You also love to quote "Tangled." You say, "Mom, remember, Rapunzel? 'Alone at last." And you say so many other lines with almost picture perfect intonation. It is so fantastic. You've started saying prayers, but mostly you just say over and over, "Dear Heavenly Father, help us be help us." Reverence, to be honest, is not your strong point. You aren't the most quiet child, and can really give a holler. The move has made you a bit clingy, and you have had a hard time being left in childcare at the gym sometimes. And I often find myself toting you around on my hip more than I'd like. Still, I'm learning more and more that these times slip through our fingers far too quickly and I'm determined to hold on to this precious toddlerhood as long as I can.
Time-outs have begun for you. You give the most pitiful face when facing consequences. It is pretty sad, but you are pretty willful sometimes. If I don't hear from you for awhile, I get very nervous and start looking to see what you are drawing on. Thank goodness for Magic Eraser. You've colored on so many walls! You do love to color though, and will spend big chunks of time coloring or drawing at your little table in the kitchen. And you still love your Rapunzel dress. You keep talking about how you are going to wear it on the "big boat." That big boat is our Disney cruise ship, which we'll be boarding in less than 3 weeks!!!!! That will make some very fun memories.
I love you Emma. You love chatting to your Daddy on the cell phone. You sing him songs and tell him about everything you do. I think he understands a good 25% of it. You are such a light in our family Emma. You can be a real tease to your poor big sister Lucy, but your big blue eyes and bouncing curls draw attention wherever we go. I just hope that as you grow you become kind and faithful and continue to spread happiness around you. I love you so much!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment