Sunday, June 24, 2012

Adventure Club!!

After surviving the last year, with full-time working ma and pa and a whole lot of changes, summer vacation was a long-anticipated delight! The air was thick with joy. I was determined that our summer not be crammed with too much structure, but also not slip through our fingers with no real memories made. I want to see as much of NC as we can this Summer. Hence, the creation of the Adventure Club of the Pines!! We gather once a week and embark on our adventures together. The first week we make t-shirts and hiked to an ice cream shop in Pinehurst Village. Week Two we drove to Uhwarrie National Forest, explored the woods, and waded/swam in the lake. We are one our way to a remarkable summer!! The point is to have adventures--not to have perfect outings. I refuse to get stressed on these adventures. We might get lost, we might get too hot, we might not have enough food--but we will not get stressed!!!! Everything is easier to handle when you approach it with an adventurous spirit I'm discovering.
 Isaac (wearing his official, hand-painted, adventure club t-shirt) scavenging for clams. He wanted to find some with meat inside to take home for Daman to eat.
 The adventurers pre-hike. The Arny and Nacey families and the Arny's neighbors--a great group!

 Emma was not rockin' the adventurer's spirit on this hike. I carried her almost the entire time. This picture captures her mood. . . until she got in the water.



This is "wading"---Adventure Club Style. I even jumped in, fully-clothed, first to keep Emma from drowning (though she thinks she's swimming) and then to try to help Daniel find his car keys he'd left in his pocket!


No comments: