Ahh. . it was good to go camping again. We used to go so often when we lived in Virginia. But, that was before Daman worked insane hours with troubled youth and I worked regular hours with crazy teenagers. But, we are determined to make camping a part of our family culture, so flawed as our camping trips might be, they are going to happen at least. For this adventure, we just camped out in the back acres of a friend who has 12 acres a few miles away. We threw everything together really fast, so we weren't as prepared as we usually are. But, the essentials were present: Parents, Children, Dog, and Smores.
S'mores with Style.
(Isaac wanted me to take a picture of him "falling" into the fire)
I'm not sure why we choose to eat the messiest desert on earth at times when it is almost impossible to get clean.
Isaac and his peace pipe.
After the girls went to bed, Isaac stayed up nursing his own personal fire. It took him about an hour, but he finally got one going on his own! My heart is so happy when I see my kids enjoying nature.
My heart is also happy when I get to camp with this hot fella.
It started to rain shortly after we went to bed and our tent leaked. I never sleep well camping, but drips on the face don't help. My dream is to live on lots of acreage so that someday we can go camping on our own land, with a fire pit and all the trimmings, but then I get to hike back and sleep in my own bed. I love everything about camping. . except the sleeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment