Sunday, October 7, 2012

BOBCAT!!

Isaac has started cub scounts and has earned his first level: Bobcat. He is doing great! I am thrilled to be a scout mom. I've got my eye on the eagle, I'm ready to sell popcorn, and on my honor will do my best to drive him to scout camp, hound/nag/encourage him for projects. . . and live by the scout law.

 Isaac: taking this seriously. Jack: posing for my picture.
 Rebecca Williams is a great, loving, enthusiastic Cub Scout Leader!
 Who is this young man and what has he done to my baby boy?!?!?!?
 This was an odd part. They had the tradition of turning the boys upside down while we pin on his new patch. And then, as Isaac was pinning me with his Bobcat pin, everyone was shouting, "Draw blood!" I had a little chat the leader after the meeting about the appropriateness of that chant. . . After all, I'm a scout mom now--I can handle that sort of confrontation. Do I get a badge for that?

No comments: