And I actually took some pictures!!!! Memories preserved.
Stage One: The Journey. . punctuated with pit stops, short naps, and thankfully a working old school in-van VCR player.
(Isaac is faking)
Stage Two: The Arrival at the Fawson House. . .punctuated by much screaming for joy at each having their own bed and being in this super cool old house that echoed (loudly) their every noise.
Emma's princess collection had their own shelf right by her little bed. I think she is the cutest one in the lineup.
Here, Isaac captures perfectly how I feel every time I get to to go Buena Vista.
Stage Three: Tour campus and bore children by pointing out what Mom and Dad used to do when they were in college. . here and here and here. And by noting many times how much everything has changed.
Once we got settled in, I forgot to take my camera with me as much. But, I think we should pause here and reflect on the success of multiple pictures on the van ride alone. I'm practically a historian. Speaking of history. . .
Isaac pays his respect to Traveller, General Lee's faithful companion. Afterwards Lucy helps turn the pennies face down. . . why? Who is on the penny? . . . . If you are a Southerner you wouldn't need to ask. If you aren't a Southerner--well, I'm just sorry for you.
The kids thought this guy had the coolest car, plastered with various toys. They really wanted to start hot-gluing their ponies and legos on to our van window. Not great for the resale value.
Daman's original design. This is in the super adorable children's room at the Buena Vista Library.
But now. . . the best find of the trip:
I didn't get any pictures of our Goshen adventure, but I snapped a few on our little trek around a cool rock water cascade thing along the Blue Ridge Parkway. This place is beautiful!!!
Max had a great time on this trip--he swam like crazy in Goshen. We wish he was a little more obedient and would come when called. . . but we wish the same thing for our kids.
Lucy cannot give a natural smile for the camera to save her life. She insists on these odd, contorted expressions that I think she thinks look like lovely natural poses. Here she is "smiling" by this cool mushroom she found.
After giving up on the "smile" I told her to look excited:
Adventure Girls!
Isaac opted to hang out with a friend during this trip--so this isn't a complete family picture. But, the girls made it to the top of the hill and felt pretty proud of themselves. It was a tough climb for little legs in sparkly shoes. We had a wonderful trip!!
No comments:
Post a Comment