Friday, July 1, 2011

My Freckled Friend

You LOVE that you have freckles, and especially love that you and I are sort of the only ones that have them, like we are a secret club. You have an adorable sprinkling of freckles across your face and while Lucy and Emma are bronzing this summer, you just keep getting more speckled. . . and you love it. So do I. Back when I was pregnant with you I had a dream about a freckled little boy that was a wonderful combination of me and Daman. My dream has come true! You have your Dad's fantastic smile, my eyes, but a humor all your own.
Today I sat around and played legos with you for a good chunk of time. It was wonderful. Your imagination astounds me. You build and create, solving problems you make up and coming up with all sorts of different designs and contraptions. It is really fun to spend time with you Isaac.
We leave for the cruise on Friday!!! I can't believe it is really going to happen. I am most excited to be together as a family for four whole days! We've been down at Grandma's house now for over two months, and it is getting tough. We all really miss Dad and are anxious to be together again. I have applied for a teaching job and have an interview in a couple of weeks. If I get the job we will be able to move back up immediately!! It will be fantastic. Luckily, the high school schedule is such that even though I'll have to leave really early, I'll be home before you are done with school. And we'll have all the same holidays. I think it will be great. Let's hope I get the job!
We had Caroline come and visit a while back and you two had a funny conversation. She was saying that you're not that much taller than she is, "only a quarter" taller, she said. You said "No way, Caroline, I'm going to get a quarter right now and show you I am more than a quarter taller than you!" I cracked up. You are really clever Isaac.
We've been enjoying listening to the Harry Potter books on tape since we've been here. It has made it fun to be in the car! And this weekend all the Harry Potter movies have been on television. I made pumpkin pasties and butterbeer for the celebration. We had a wonderful time. You want to have a Harry Potter party when you turn eight. I can't believe you will be 8 in less than 6 months! That is incredible. You are growing up so fast and sometimes I feel like I am worrying so much about what you'll become that I forget to love and enjoy who you are. I'll work on that. You work on getting more freckles. Love you Isaac.

No comments: