Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lucille Ball isn't the only funny Lucy!

Lucy,


You crack me up. The other day I was brushing your hair in the bathroom (you HATE that part of your life) and suddenly I heard a funny little "toot toot" sound coming from the general vicinity of your bum. I smiled and said, "What was that?" With an impish grin you shrugged and said, "It was a little woodpecker!" Then you lifted your finger as if you had a small bird pirched there and said, "See, this is my little woodpecker" and you started petting it. It was hilarious! You are really clever and creative.


We had an absolutely fantastic time on the Disney cruise. You met princesses, ate ice cream, had chocolates waiting on your pillow every night, and thoroughly enjoyed being with Daddy again. This seperation has been hardest on you in some ways. Sometimes I've found you just crying because you miss him so much. It is pretty heartbreaking. But, you certainly enjoyed him on the Cruise! The last night you two stayed up together and rode the aquaduck waterslide over and over together from 11:30 to midnight. You've talked about that ever since the cruise. I am pretty certain that was the highlight of the whole trip. Of course, twirling with princesses was a pretty big highlight too.


On the last day of the cruise, you tied your blanket like a cape and flitted about, announcing that you were Tinkerbell and were there "to make all your dreams come true." Unfortunately, my dream of getting back on the boat for another month didn't come true. I guess you didn't have enough pixie dust for that one.


Another time when I asked you which swimsuit you wanted to wear, you said you wanted the one that has stars and stripes (like an American flag) "because God bless America!" What a crack-up. I am hoping to get you into a preschool soon, I am sad that you haven't had anything really all your own. Isaac has played sports and done some homeschooling clubs, but you haven't had anything steady. I am not sure how much longer we will be down here in NC, but it could be for several more months. I'm hoping to make the best of it. We are all learning alot about patience. Sometimes you really strain mine. You get awfully angry and say some pretty mean things to all of us. I have found ignoring the bad behaviors as much as possible and pointing out the good stuff, helps alot. I have a feeling that things will get much easier for all of us when we are back together as a family. I love you Lucy, you are a wonderful light in my life.

No comments: