A move to North Carolina has put a major pause in my journaling for you guys. But, back to business! It has been a busy couple of months. We are living with Grandma Lulu while Daddy gets his private practice up and and running in Vienna. Every time you pray, for the last few months, you have prayed that we can stay together. I am hoping that prayer is answered soon! The other day you said a long, sweet prayer about wanting Daddy to be with us, asking that we can move back to Virginia and have fun with Daddy. I had to fight tears after you finished. This has been hard on you. You are such a tender, loving little lady Lucy. I am ashamed to admit how many times I've lost my patience and hurt your feelings. I am determined to do better.
We've had some fun adventures here, though. We go to the pool almost every day and you LOVE it! You have learned to swim, basically teaching yourself. You started with some arm floaties, but then took them off and started treading water and hopping along and now you can swim! Yesterday you swam across the deep end all by yourself! We have a great time at the pool, playing dolphin and jumping in over and over and over.
You also love having a little nightstand by your bed. It has become quite a little treasure spot for you. There are so many funny little trinkets and things in there. Under your bed is also a hiding place. Your pet stuffed bunny, bunira, sleeps under there, along with other stuffed animals and prized possessions that you want to keep safe.
It has been an exercise in patience working with you and potty training. Some days you do really well, but sometimes you don't pay attention at all and have several accidents a day. It really tries my patience.
But, hands down, you are the best cuddler in the family. You just cannot get enough tickling. Your arm, your belly, your back, your legs. You are a major ticklebug. But sometimes you get so squirmy it is hard to tickle you!
I love you so much Lucy. You have such an active imagination, playing kitty, puppy, dolphin, or mermaids. I love our conversations. Lately you've been talking about the resurrection alot. You gave me some dress-up jewelry and told me I could keep it until the resurrection. So generous. And you were making up songs about Jesus and how we will be happier when we die because we can live forever. You make up wonderful songs and I LOVE to watch you boogie. You shake your little hips and show off your funky moves. It is very entertaining.
You are a wonderful girl, Lucy. It breaks my heart when you say that you think you are dumb, or stupid, or the worst daughter ever. I am sad to think that you might feel such things about yourself. I think you are fantastic, and I am going to do a better job helping you know that.
No comments:
Post a Comment