So anyone who knows me remotely well might say I have a minor obsession with the frontier life and a hint of a complex in that I feel like my life should be as simple and difficult as my pioneer, sod-house living ancestors. The jury is out. But, I do love any chance to revel in the simple agrarian life--bring on the cows, the chickens, the hayrides, the law of the harvest. As you can imagine, these moments are on the rare side in this neck of the woods. Political punditry abounds, and there are several plantings of presidential signs, but few are the opportunities to hearken back to the good 'ole days. But today we got to enjoy a fun trip to Cox Farms, a wonderful little farm in Centerville. Barn slides, hay rides, milking demos, kettle corn, free cider---the whole kit and caboodle. It was wonderful. It was chilly in the beginning, but well worth it. Lucy and I enjoyed the slides together immensely, I'm not sure who was laughing harder actually, they were just that fun. And Isaac even got a little milk on his hands. Take a look. . . .
Logan, Kyler, Isaac, and Joceyln, basking in the glow of the Virginia State Champion Pumpkin. I saw no posted signs noting that no radiation was used in the creation of this beast, so I have my doubts as to its ability to pass an Olympic doping test. Wow.

Me and the Goose--this was our last trip of five on this particular slide, and we even got a little air on the last bit this time.

Hi-Ho-The Dairy-O. . . Isaac takes after his Dairy-raised father. He was a natural. This cow was awfully patient to allow at least fifty toddlers squeeze and tug her without skill or mercy. Isaac wasn't quite sure what to do with the milk on his hands. My response: "Lick it off!" I think Daman's Grandpa and Grandma Bateman would have been proud.

And this is where I point out that Lucy just might be one of the cutest little ladies alive. Am I biased? Sheesh. She really loved all the farm animals and practiced all her vocal impressions as often as possible. Big blue eyes
and and impressive "moooo"--what is not to love?
4 comments:
Sounds like a great time! Lucy is getting so big and so stinkin' cute too!
OK you pioneer loving people..the closest I come to living outdoors and camping is in our travel trailer...hahaha! My Noah loved farm animals and never passed up a chance to be around them! We have had more cows, goats, chickens, and whatever he saw pointed out to us as we were riding down the road. It looks like you all had a great time! I, for one, enjoy air conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter...I would not have made a good pioneer..hahaha! Your kids are adorable!
Cool! I still can't believe how big he is. Lucy is so cute. Congrats on the little girl. I still remember ya'll babysitting us. And when Mikey pulled the fire alarm at the stake center. Damon hid Mikey! Lauren
Wow! Lots of posing going on around here. Don't know if I can keep up.
Post a Comment