Thursday, August 9, 2012

NICOLE!!!!!

It was so wonderful to catch up with Nicole. We hadn't seen each other in about 8 years and since we happened to be in the same state at the same time we made a reunion happen. I am so grateful she was willing to make the drive from Salt Lake to Cedar City for a visit. She is a walking miracle, a testimony of the power of fasting and prayer. Almst a year ago she was in a terrible accident and was in a coma for over a week. The last year has been miracle after miracle as she has recovered from traumatic brain injury. She is a bouyant spirit, and it really did me so much good to see her and hug her and hear her laugh. It was also special for her to see Isaac. During her time in the hospital, we prayed and fasted for her often. One Sunday Isaac brought me a picture he'd drawn in his primary class. It was a picture of him and Nicole and it said, "I can fast and pray for Nicole Cannon." I was so touched and I mailed it to Nicole. She pinned it to her wall and said it brought her such comfort and strength. It was a powerful moment when she talked to Isaac and shared her testimony that she was there because of his faith and prayers. I am so grateful that he got to see her and I believe it will strengthen his faith and confidence in God. It certainly did mine.

And I even got to see Jeff and Janet too!!!!!

No comments: