Monday, January 23, 2012

Baptism Ready

Isaac,


I am so impressed with you! Sometimes your total inability to put your shoes away baffles me, but at other times I am left in awe of your sensitivity, maturity, and faith. Sometimes I assume that something should be easy for you because you are still so young, but then you make comments that tell you me you do realize and recognize the challenges of things, you are just willing to take them on.


For example, the other night when I was putting everyone to bed, you told me you needed to talk to me. I could tell it was something heavy. You got a little emotional as you asked me if I remembered when, at Christmas dinner, someone had taken a slice of strawberry cake before it was time and noone could figure out who it was. I said yes, and then you tearfully told me that it was you. You had gotten a slice for yourself and was getting a slice for Lucy when Grandma walked in. You were afraid that you would get in trouble so you told Grandma that it wasn't you.


I gave you a big hug and told you how proud I was of you for telling me the truth. I knew that took so much courage and I was genuinely proud of you. When I asked you why you decided to tell me, you said, "I prayed if I should tell you and the answer was yes, so I did." I commented on how much faith that showed, that clearly you are ready for baptism to have prayed, heard, and obeyed.

No comments: