Reynolds Rundown 2010
Daman is totally, completely, utterly, absolutely, done with school. Hail the Master of Marriage and Family Therapy!! He defended his thesis beautifully in October and is happily enjoying the life of working full-time. He does play therapy with children who have been sexually abused. I don’t think anyone in the world is as well-suited to their career as Daman is to his—he brings a lot of hope and happiness to those kids. He has battled horrible headaches this year, but we have found a wonderful chiropractor which seems to be helping. 2011 is looking good! His favorite book this year was As the Crow Flies by Jeffrey Archer.
Morgen is . . tired. In January I was called to be the Early Morning Seminary teacher for our youth. I have a class of 26 high school students that show up bright and early at 6am every day before school to feast on the scriptures. This has been challenging, insightful, and exhausting. I am grateful for the experience and I am grateful for naps. I am trying to write steadily, both essays and children’s stories, which I find a very enjoyable outlet. You can find them at www.timeformo.blogspot.com. One of my favorite books this year was The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. I sobbed at the end, shoulders shaking and all.
Isaac (almost 7) is growing up quickly. He loved kindergarten last year, but this year we decided he needed some more time at home, so we are homeschooling. It has been really wonderful for our family. I love not having to wake the girls up to pick him up, and he loves that “school” only takes an hour and a half a day. He also loves the unlimited reading time. This past summer we invested in a pool membership and it was one of the best investments of my life. He was a fish and never got tired of the diving board. His favorite book this year was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
Lucy (almost 4) is a handful. Just yesterday she managed to break a huge picture frame, throw a ceramic pot in defiance of a nap, and carve some lovely art into my dresser with a paper clip. But, when not in destruction mode, she is delightful. She flits about the house dancing and twirling in her own little world. At least once a day, she asks us, “Mom/Dad, do you know that I love you?” So glad she is willing to remind us. Her favorite book series this year was definitely Angelina Ballerina.
Emma (almost 2) is beyond adorable. She talks and sings all day. She could have a real career as a parrot, mimicking everything anyone says around her. It is delightful to hear her copying the wild conversations between her big brother and sister. One thing she loves is Wicked: The Musical. She asks for it every time we are in the car. She also loves to dance and tromp around in Lucy’s sparkle shoes. Her big blue eyes and bouncing curls attract a lot of attention, as does her screaming and occasional whack on the head. Her favorite book this year was a Seek-and-Find Princess Book that has slowly been reduced to only four pages.
(In other top news, we sold the Wii to buy a family pet, which at first was a snake until it escaped, and now is a cat that mostly stays under our bed and lets Emma sits on him when he does come out—it is perfect) MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!!!
This was our family newsletter this year. 2010 was a bit bumpy and involved some challenging changes, but we survived and sang alot along the way. 2011 looks very promising and so far so good!!
No comments:
Post a Comment