You may now call him Master. Daman defended his thesis successfully this week. Here he is pre-defense, flexing his mighty academic muscle:

His thesis centered on men who struggle with conflicting identities, being a part of a religious community that denounces homosexuality while struggling with same sex attraction themselves. It was a really well written thesis and I am so so so proud of him! The defense went well, though Daman felt overprepared (there are worse problems to have) His professors commended him for his respectful representation of a group of people rejected by many on both sides of their struggles. It was wonderful to see him share his research. He has come so far in these last three years in his studies and I was really impressed with his smarty-pants answers. Now, school is done forever!!!

The Master with His Committee and other adoring fans
(L-R)
Alan Hyatt (2nd Counselor in our Bishopric), Eric McCollum (member of committee), Mary Linda Sarah (committee member), D-Funk, Smitten Wife, Angela Huebner (Committee chair and controller of the whip), Molly (VT Student), Maggie (Childhelp boss)
Eliana was also there in spirit and in Skype. It was a wonderful day!!!
1 comment:
Man, I don't think anyone could feel much happier than your dad and I Daman. We are proud and just wish we could have been at such an event. Can't you record those things!!? Love, mom
Post a Comment