Once a week blog updates were a really good idea. And then I got a little call from church. I was asked to be the early morning seminary teacher. So now, every morning at 6am I greet the high school age kids from our church to turn them to the scriptures and help them put on the armor of God before braving the cold cruel world that is high school. It is a marvelous experience. . . and a tiring one. It takes preparation and robs sleep, but I feel the Lord blessing me and my family in various, unexpected ways. But, any extra time I had before has gone on hiatus until June, which hopefully explains why my aspirations as a weekly blogger have shriveled a bit.
So, I'm signing off for a bit. Another impetus for my blog break is observing the joy my kids get from our family picture albums and their memory books. They are not remotely artistic in the higher realms of scrapbooking society, but they have pictures and stories and my kids adore looking at them. They just don't get that same kind of peaceful pleasure scrolling down a blog page-and neither do I. So, I plan to go back to paper and glue for a bit, and work on creating some bulky, time-consuming, photo albums that I'll have to lug around for the rest of my life and risk losing in a fire. But, when I come out of my room in the morning and see Isaac and Lucy cuddling up together flipping through family memories. . . it will all be worth it.
Still, I value the keeping in touch benefits that come from blogging and so I do aim to post thrilling updates from time to time, if I can keep myself awake past 9pm. I've never been so excited for Spring Break in my life.
3 comments:
We have some very happy Spring Breakers here too for the same reason! Enjoy sleeping in!
I agree - keep those "hard copies" coming. They ARE rewarding...Mom
HI Guys,
I jumped over here from the Turkey Reynolds. Umm ... because I'm catching up while I eat my cereal and. Yeah. So - I just learned this a couple days ago - should ye be interested - a friend in our ward here takes her blog entries at the end of each year and turns them into a hard copy book. She uses snapfish or something like that. Best of both worlds. Anyway, it makes my cereal taste better to see your happy family. I'll check back in June!
Post a Comment