Well, I think we all know about good intentions. I was full of them for blogging, but in our summer relocation to Maryland, we had some technical difficulties and so I've been without a computer and internet and energy and gumptions--okay those last two aren't really valid.
So, we are now residents in a shiny new apartment in College Park, MD. We are doing another summer with Platinum Protection. The schedule is heinous, Daman is gone from mid-morning to midnight or so every day. We seem to pass in the hall occasionally and when he is home he summons energy to play with the kids. It never fails that when I leave him with the kids I return home to a fort of some sort or the middle of a Memory game. Meanwhile, I fall asleep during Mom playtime. The other day I was laying on the ground while Isaac and Lucy played the fun game of putting blankets on Mom, pulling them off, and then crawling all over her and sitting on her head. I had the odd sensation of being very similar to the mama hogs I've seen in petting zoos, lying there in exhausted resignation while their little piglets squeal and suck and climb all over her and each other. Anyone else ever felt that way? In my defense, I am pregnant! Tada! There's our big announcement. I've never felt so tired in my vida. I was never this sick with Isaac or the Goose. I even had to run out of Church the other day to get to a bathroom. But, I should be passing out of this phase soon.
As for our two born children, they are wonderful. Lucy has started talking, which is really exciting. She is apparently really excited about it and insists on shouting everything she says. Maybe she is related to Dora the Explorer. We checked out a Dora video from the library the other day, never again. Is it just me or does it seem like she is SHOUTING ALL THE TIME? Everything she says, VAMOS AMIGOS! CAN YOU HELP ME FIND THE MONKEY'S BINOCULARS? And, it appears it is a family failing because Diego has the same tendency. Nickelodeon should really get those kids' hearing checked.
I digress. Back to updates. Daman just landed a great internship with Childhelp, an organization in Fairfax county that works with abused children. He is entering his final year of school in the Fall! Hooray! He has the internship, four classes, and a thesis to go. Baby three is due mid-January, so his final semester should prove interesting. I would sure love to treat Daman to a trip to China as a graduation present. Donations welcome. For now, our budget would probably get us to the DC Chinatown.
Isaac is learning to swim this summer. We have a pool at the apartment and he would go every day if possible. Lucy loves the water as well, but is completely unaware that she can't swim. She just assumes the steps will follow her around the pool and support her whithersoever she walks. So, keeping them both from drowning is a pretty consuming activity. I growl with envy as I see the other Platinum Protection wives sunbathing and relaxing by the pool. But, then I get to cuddle with Lucy and watch Isaac completely freak out with joy during our recent rare trip to the movie theater to see Kung Fu Panda. I think we go to the movie theater about three times a year, so this was a very big deal. I also get to watch my children throw rocks in water, sit by themselves and flip through books, and at the end of every day I get to listen to Isaac pray. I think I'll pass on relaxing poolside for those perks. It is a gift to be a mother, and I am thrilled (when not throwing up or playing exhausted mama hog on the floor) to be doing it once again.
Enough for this update--I'll post pictures when I can, but verbal pictures might have to do for awhile. Isaac just got a haircut, with scissors. This was a first for Daman, so picture Isaac disguised as a little medieval squire and you've just about got it. Lucy has the biggest blue eyes in the world, and thanks to a recent facial collision with our bed frame, an adorable albeit slightly crooked grin. She laughs and laughs and thoroughly enjoys scattering the contents of every drawer she can open. Daman and I pretty much look the same, though of course I feel like I'm swelling already. We send our love and greetings out to the world and gratitude for anyone who cares enough about us to take time to read our update. Please pass along updates to us!
5 comments:
Congrats on the pregnancy! I guess you and Damon are doing more than just 'passing in the hallway'! ;)
Love the news, don't look for me to start blogging. I'll just enjoy yours, and whoever else does this.
I'm sooooo glad you are coming our way. I'm anxious to see that crooked grin along with her older swimming brother.
Dad
So that's what is takes for you to start blogging. You were just waiting for a big announcement. Well, congrats! How exciting to add another member to the family.
If you're ever driving down I-81 you'll have to stop by in Hburg and we can catch up.
congratulations....we are so excited for you. loved your comment about the mamma pig....ranks right up there with "raising children is like being pecked to death by chickens"
It always amazes me that we can survive pregnancy with little children to feed, clothe, and entertain! You have a great attitude, that helps a ton! I didn't get a chance to tell you how Isaac cracked me up in Sunbeams when I taught him. The lesson was "I am thankful for my ears" and I brought a cd player and played different kinds of music. (Some Mo-Tab, Christmas albums, Primary music and Fisher Price kids music) I asked the kids to tell me how the music made them feel. Isaac's responses were (in the order listed above) "Bored." "This makes me feel like jumping out the window." "Bored." "This makes me feel like I got bit by a Tiger." It didn't take him long to figure out that he could get the whole class in stitches with his answers so they got more and more off the wall. LOL. Funny kid.
Post a Comment