Stories of the Reynolds Family and our funny, flawed quest for goodness.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Here We Go!
My first blog. . isnt' this exciting. Daman and I were inspired by our sister in law's brave sally forth into electronic journaling, and so with some pressure from Daman, I've decided to throw in our hat. I don't know that our lives prove very interesting to other people, but I do know that we are blessed with loads of family and friends that love us and so perhaps might like to know what is going on in our lives. Currently Daman and I are both 29 (though that is about to change for me!), Isaac is three and Lucy, almost nine months. Isaac is enjoying preschool twice a week and Lucy is enjoying tasting as much of her environment as possible. Today at the park I must have faced at least three other parents aghast at my allowing Lucy to sample the sandbox. Oh well--bring on the immunities. We also estimate that our dog Pete is about nine months old. He also enjoys tasting his environment, but his teeth are a tad sharper and so his samplings do a bit more damage. I am trying really really hard to like Pete. And I do, when he is outside, or peacefully sitting on the couch. We just got a "training" collar with a little shocker to try to train him up proper. I have been really excited to use it. I got a little yelp out of him today. Daman said that we should have to feel it on our own necks before we can use it on Pete, but I refused. Maybe this mentality is what got us rejected as dog owners at the Columbus Ohio Animal Shelter. Daman is working for Platinum Protection Security systems, servicing the same type of systems he installed over the summer in Ohio. He is halfway through his second year of Graduate School for Marriage and Family Therapy. He is really enjoying the program and has started seeing clients! He grew a beard to look mature and Freudian but he still feels awfully young to be telling people how to save their marriage or raise their teenagers. But, I know he helps people and will continue to do so. We are enjoying the Northern Virginia area much more than we thought we would. I love that I can tell Isaac about Abraham Lincoln and Vincent Van Gogh and then take a metro trip to see the Lincoln monument and actual Van Gogh paintings--and all for free. It is really a remarkable place to live. There are so many wonderful people around us with kids Isaac's age. It is fantastic. We are in a lovely babysitting co-op group which means we get three Saturdays a month of free babysitting and one Saturday night watching six kids at our house. Next we plan on exploring Chinatown more. I love watching Daman speak Cantonese. . . I just smile and nod and listen for my name. We feel awfully blessed in so many facets of our lives. We live in an absolutely wonderful neighborhood, enjoy two healthy and bright children, a pretty good dog, and each other. Life is good. As it takes its turns I'll try to keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Morgen!
Long time no talk - somehow I stumbled across your blog but it doesn't look like you use it all that much... I'd love to hear from you!
Kristi
My favorite part was about Pete again. I love hearing about everyone but hearing about him makes me laugh hard. Went to Lex this weekend and couldn't help ourselves-we took a cruise down memory lane or should I say "mormon hood lane" the good old days!
Post a Comment