Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Am Going To Be Amazing!

You already are.

This was your exact quote after last week's Primary program, when we noted that next year you would be in it! Such confidence. That's you, Emma, you are so confident. You have been since birth. It can make you fiesty, frustrating, and a little irrational. . but mostly we are so impressed with your impressive sense of self-worth. That will serve you well in life--if well-directed. So far, so good. You are a delight. At the family reunion, your Aunt Angi kept remarking on what a light you brought, just happily going through life, completely content. We agree. In general, you are such a happy kid--full of grins, giggles, and songs. Especially songs from "The Sound of Music"--which you insist on listening to every morning on the way to school. Another favorite is "The fox and his wife" which only Daddy knows, though you say you can teach me if I want. You also make up your own, and will sing and sing (much to the chagrin of Isaac in the van). But as for me, I love it.
  You certainly make your own way in the world. You remember everything I ever say, and hold me to it. You say that your favorite things are: candy, dogs, cats, flowers, and ribbons. The ribbons came from when you asked me what my favorite things are and I said: mountains, trees, and rivers. But you heard ribbons. . and it stuck. Ribbons are nice too.
  The other day you wore goggles to pre-school. I wonder what Miss Dean thinks of you. You are back at Cybered this year, and having a nice experience. We are hopeful that next year I will be home again and teaching preschool here at the house. The last two years of teaching have brought blessings of their own, but we feel that it is time for me to return home and we are working hard to make that happen! I only get one more year with you before you start kindergarten yourself! Crazy. I can't believe how quickly you are growing up Emma. We love you so much. You make us laugh every single day. You maul Max, pester Isaac, tear Lucy's favorite pictures, and in general sometimes work mayhem throughout the house. But you also hug, kiss, laugh, and sing, brightening our home in your own special way. We are so lucky to have you. You really are amazing!

No comments: