Friday, April 1, 2011

Isaac Updates

Isaac, you love your memory books. You often flip through them, and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and happy that I did it. But, it is tough to find time to make memories, much less preserve them. So, I'm tapping into technology and hopefully harnessing it in a way that will put all your wonderful memories (or at least a good chunk of them) in one place and give you a way to do it yourself as well. This is now your memory book/journal/blog, and when you are 8, I will print it off and you'll get it as a book for your birthday. Then, I'll hand it over to you and we'll work on it together. It will be a way you can journal and remember what matters most to you. It will be easier to tote around, and won't require a night on the living room floor cutting and pasting pictures. Doesn't that sound nice? So, first. . a journal recap of the last couple of months:

We had a really wonderful time at Christmas in Washington. That is recapped in our family blog, but I'll put a few pictures here. You got wonderful alone time with Papa and Kiki--a special date with just them that started with McDonald's and ended with a movie. You proclaimed it, "the best day of your life." You are easy to please. Back in our little apartment, it took some time for us all to adjust to cramped quarters again. But, we make the best of it. We discovered a love for Shakira's music and have jiggled, wiggled, and jived with joy to her "Waka Waka Africa" many times. We started our own Boy's club here, since the one in Vienna was too much of a drive. The first one was a huge success, because Dad was home and so he took all the boys out back and built a big fire and roasted marshmallows. Not sure if any of our other meetings have measured it. We've made lego movies and marshmallow sculptures. It is mostly Jonathan and Aaron Hyatt, they are really fun boys.
A new favorite food of yours is quiche. You love it. You love it so much you didn't want cake for your birthday, you wanted quiche instead. I was happy to oblige. A quiche is way easier. So, for your birthday party, we had a space theme, with quiche and muffins for the celebration. I could tell some of your guests were disappointed, but you were happy, and that was the point. The party was a real success. We played moon rock relay, carried balls of tin foil with our robot "tongs" to the "moon station" in your room. Then we tried to keep the "asteroid" balloons from hitting earth. And Dad was the star again when he made a rocket and launched it in the backyard. That was awesome. I can't believe you are seven years old. Crazy!
We can't get books fast enough for you these days. You tear through 100-200 page books in a day. You love all the Ramona books and are now starting to read every other Beverly Cleary book, she is a great writer. You love to just sit and read and when Harley comes and cuddles up by you, you are in pure bliss.
We had a fun Valentine's Homeschool Party. You are really great at meeting new people. I am so impressed with how confident you are socially. I think homeschooling has been great for that. You feel comfortable and confident, and that was the whole point. We've decided that next year you will be going back to school. I think it will be great for you, and for Lucy. You need some more friends your age, and there just aren't any nearby. There will definitely be some things we'll miss alot, but you are excited, and it will be good. We went to Fairfax Villa the other day for Davesh's concert and so many of your friends remembered you! You were really excited about that, and it made you even more excited about returning there next year.
Your imagination is incredible. The other day, you put rubber bands around the wrists and ankles of some barbie dolls and hung them upside down on the coat hooks in the hall. Then you came and told me to come and see what happens "to people who don't believe in fairies." It was hilarious. I couldn't find the camera unfortunately to record the warning for any potential non-believers out there.
You are a really great kid, Isaac. You are bright, happy, and energetic. And noisy. You have such a hard time being still and not making noise. You are constantly drumming, kicking, or bouncing. What a busy boy! You are finally riding the bike that Miss Eliana got you last summer at Cape Cod. Hooray! You take a while to warm up to stuff sometimes, but when you decide to give it your best shot, you are always glad. That is how we all are I guess. We love you Isaac!!

No comments: