Friday, June 18, 2010

Copa De Mundial 2010!!!!!!



Every four years something magical comes into our lives. More intense than the olympics and certainly more interesting than elections, the World Cup brings us one month of amazing athleticism, great hair, and jaw-dropping goals. We love it. It kind of took over our lives. While I was on vacation with my sisters, I actually tracked down a bar to watch the USA/England game. (My mom was a great sport and even bought me a Shirley Temple for the experience) And when USA took on Slovenia, Isaac got to skip school and we had a full-on soccer party. No vuzuvelas were present, but face paint abounded. I was all on my own when Landon Donovan scored the winning goal against Algeria, and I almost wept with joy. We love soccer, we love America, and if they can ever learn to play defense in the first twenty minutes of a game, then we'll enjoy the next Cup even more. See you in Brazil in 2014!!

No comments: