Sunday, December 20, 2009

Giving of Thanks

It might be a little early to be announcing my New Year's Resolutions, but this is me, throwing caution to the wind. I solemnly vow to take more pictures of my family and our whimsical adventures. Below is the only picture we took on our awesome three day Thanksgiving holiday at my Mom's house: This was taken our first day and I don't think the camera left the car again. We did have a huge photo shoot with a photographer my mom lined up and those will certainly be making an appearance later. Just to whet the appetite. . . there will be Snuggies. It was a really wonderful holiday though. Mom had planned such great activities. But first, let's note the most important event: The Turkey Bowl during which I, Morgen, she of the uncoordinated hands and feet, made TWO touchdowns. Here's a replay: Quarterback throws, I catch, cue the dancing. Repeat. It was awesome. Then we ate turkey, then we played games, then we saw "The Blind Side," then I cried because I am so proud of Daman and the work he does with kids who've been dealt such rough hands in life, then we ate more, then we got pedicures and manicures and talked about boys (okay, Mom just talked about George Clooney). It was a really wonderful time with family. On the way home we stopped for a bit to visit my Dad and Lucinda, and miraculously took the camera out of the car. They have a great little "farm" with chickens that Melodi's dog tried to eat. I was so jealous. . of the chickens, not the dog.


WARNING! Intensely cute little girl holding speckled chicken below. . . .



Isaac loved basking in my Dad's war stories. My Dad loved being basked in. He sent Isaac some patches from his uniform in Vietnam and Isaac was so excited, he sewed them on his school backpack. I'm really proud of my Dad's military service and the greater appreciation for freedom and sacrifice it has given me.

2 comments:

Lara said...

My kids think that picture of Isaac with the lizard over his eye is the funniest thing they've ever seen. We miss you guys.

Deanne said...

You may not have taken many pics, but the ones you did are perfect! Love the one of Isaac and the lizard and Lucy with the chicken!