Now that Emma sits at the family table she really thinks she's the junk. If she's not getting the attention she wants she gives a hearty squawk until someone looks at her - at which point she goes straight into her huge gummy grin and banging her head on the chair back. She's tons of fun. So we have this little routine we sometimes do to get the kids focused and arms folded for the prayer before a meal. And it goes a little som'n like this - hit it! (if you know the artist to that song I'll give you a nickle). As I was saying, it goes like this "Open shut them, open shut them, give a little clap (Clap twice). Open shut them, open shut them, fold them in your lap (huge grunt from Lucy). " If your not familiar with the Reynolds clap, be grateful you still have intact eardrums - for some reason some of the Reynolds have insanely loud (Hulk claps according to Lucy) 'claps'. We noticed one night that while we (I) was clapping Emma had a seizure of sorts, or that's what it looked like. So just to be sure we did it again, and again, and again - I had no idea kids could be so fun. Enjoy.
For some frustrating reason I couldn't get these videos uploaded onto the blog, so you'll have to check them out on youtube - very worth it though:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4AHd-urgWc
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhnlqeorqJI
5 comments:
That clapping thing's right up there with Chinese water torture (nothing against the Chinese or their myriad forms of torture). Off to see the other vid. . .
Just finished the other one.
Poor kid. Good thing you've got a therapist in the family.
Love it!
Nice to see all those pictures! Gosh, Emma is getting so big...love you.
Oh my gosh...that was so cute that I laughed and laughed looking at Emma's startled face! Nothing like some clapping to traumatize your baby...hahahahaha! Loved it and you!!!!
Post a Comment