Emma has been with us almost a month now and it has been quite the adventure. A couple of days after we came home from the hospital (it was hard to leave room service behind I might mention) Lucy came down with bronchitis. She was absolutely miserable--we've never seen her so sad. So, for several nights, Daman and I split duties. One of us tried to "sleep" with Lucy in our bed and the other was up with Emma. For about a week there, Isaac was the only one in the family getting any sleep. Finally Lucy was feeling better and then Emma got sick. It wasn't bronchitis, but it was a pretty rough cold. She was a real trooper though, sweet and mild the whole time, even though it was clear she was uncomfortable. I'm hoping to attach more pics soon. We are all feeling healthy finally. Emma just couldn't get the hang of nursing and when Daman left me alone with the kids for his sister's wedding, full-time pumping fell to the wayside and so now Emma is a formula baby. But, she is doing great, sleeping at least 18 hours of 24. She is wonderful and laid back and patient with Lucy's boa constrictor hugs and Isaac massaging her face into all sorts of funny looks. We are happy.
As soon as nursing was done I embarked on a detoxification cleansing diet, to try to rid myself of all the crazy sugar I've ingested over the last few weeks. I have attempted to soothe my stress away with chocolate and cookies I tried to hide from myself in the deep freezer downstairs. I felt like I needed something drastic to reboot my relationship with food so for the next ten days (actually only seven to go!) I am consuming nothing but a concoction of water, lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper. For those inquiring minds, I am journaling about the whole experience on my other blog, http://www.timeformo.blogspot.com/ I am feeling really wonderful and even resisted treats at a baby shower, and fresh-baked bread out of the oven. Hear me roar.
2 comments:
You go girl! I should probably do a cleansing of my own...I need it! I am so glad you are doing so well! Can't wait to see more pictures!
Hey Morgen! I was thinking about you the other day and decided to Google you. I figured you'd come up in a search. I was right. Your thesis sounds very interesting. Congratulations on the new baby. I have a 9 month old and two more ages 3 and 5. Three kids is kickin' my bummm! My baby went on a nursing strike last month when we moved to Montana so I'm done. I too am trying to get back in touch with my body. I've always wanted to try a fast and cleanse. You look great, by the way. Always radiant and beautiful like I remember. I have a blog if you are curious. tannertimesoped.blogspot.com. I'm a little behind. My husband is working out of state for a couple months so even taking this time on the computer is pushing the limits of my childrens' ability to entertain themselves. Take care.
P.S. Emma's birth story was riveting. You are WOMAN!
Post a Comment